When disaster strikes, we all want to help.
The NSU CARES Fund was created to provide relief after traumatic disaster to help NSU students, employees, and alumni who are most in need of assistance. This fund helps build a foundation for those who will be in need when tragedy strikes.
In previous years, NSU Cares – through the generosity of donors – aided in the aftermath of Hurricanes Maria, Irma, Dorian, Fiona, Ian, and the Ft. Lauderdale flooding of 2023 as well as other unexpected calamities.
Criteria to apply:
- Only NSU students, alumni, faculty, and staff qualify for funds.
- The individual gross salary of the applicant must be under $100,000.
- Applicants must reside in an area declared as a disaster zone by local, state or government authority.
- All applications must be submitted within one year of the related disaster.
- Payments cannot include income replacement, such as lost wages, lost business income, or unemployment benefits.
NSU follows IRS guidelines for Disaster Relief Payments (Section 139).
How to apply:
- Create an account by clicking on the orange button below
- Complete this application and include supporting documentation
Approved applicants will receive a one-time allocation of emergency funds subject to the availability of donations received by NSU.
IMPORTANT: This application is not applicable to COVID-19 related issues.
Questions? Contact us at NSUCares@nova.edu.